Wednesday, August 8, 2012

National Day Celebrations

Dear all,

The blog has been stagnant for a while. I am back to update it again,. With the CA2 week over and the marking done, I can finally draw some time to provide updates.

[National Day Celebrations]

Cheers to the class for displaying true resilient and family spirit in competing in the games today. Good job on the 3rd position as a class. The prize you have won is known as the traditional game, Kuti Kuti. If you would like to know how to play, you can visit these 2 links here.

Kuti Kuti 1
Kuti Kuti 2

Thank you to those who have helped me for today's P6 games. I appreciate your willingness and persistence despite the hot weather. I am comforted to know that many of you are actually not only telling one another about rule #1 (we are a family) but also practising it. This is the most comforting gesture I have seen from all of you, that you do what you say. Actions speak louder than words and I hope that you continue to bond as a class and help one another out.


[CA 2]

There are both positive and negative to look at for this CA2. English was rather disappointing. It was one step back from the overall results of SA1. This in term of overall passes and overall results. The highest was only a 69. No doubt, the paper was somewhat more difficult but still, the most disappointing part was when many of you missed out the skills and concepts I have taught you in daily lessons. I have repeated over and again about certain key parts to watch out for and the grammar rules. I have also told you to highlight key words and draw arrows. I modeled and showed you how to do it for many of the practices we have done but yet, many of you did not heed the advice. It is indeed one step back from my goal of having all of you getting 100% passes. I am not going to stop until I reached this goal. Hopefully, this can be achieved in SA2!  Remember to not give up and continue to persist. Most importantly, you must have your motivation and belief that you can pass.

On to the more positive note, the science results are hugely satisfactory this time around. You have truly taken notice of my advice and skills. There is a huge improvement in your open-ended answers. I will share greater news with you when I give you back your papers next Monday. :)

[Olympics 2012]

Here's leaving you with some inspirational stories about the Olympics.

Resilience in getting back up to complete despite the injury 

Man with no legs competes in Olympics

Happy National Day and enjoy the long weekend. :)

Yours Sincerely,
Mr Nelson Ong

No comments:

Post a Comment