Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome 2012

Dear parents and students,

A very warm welcome to each and everyone. I am delighted to embark on my 2012 teaching journey as the form teacher of class 5SD3.

My teaching motto is that "Every child deserves the utmost chance to be nurtured academically and in terms of character development." I value the importance of helping each student to strive for excellence in their academics and in the process, help them to acquire the essential skills and values for lifelong learning outside the classroom too. It adds up to developing a child holistically.

In ensuring the welfare of each child, I also value the roles that each parent play in nurturing the child. i sincerely wish to work together with each parent in helping your child to strive for excellence and to help them enjoy their school experience. Each parent is an integral component of a teacher's life. I will be working closely with each parent to provide updates and progress of the students. I will post important news and reminders on this class blog for each child to have an additional avenue to take note of important messages and also for parents to be constantly kept in the loop of the happenings in class.

Therefore, this class blog is established with the main aim of providing an additional avenue for parents to be updated with important reminders in their child's class and to also provide any comments or questions for me so that I can get back to you with regards to your queries or requests. You can post your comments or queries at the comments link found at the bottom of each post or alternatively, you can contact me at ong_yong_hui_nelson@moe.edu.sg

It is also important to note that this class blog is not a medium for arguments or for any profanities. I hope to create a supportive tone of environment to aid the progress of students and parents in their school journeies at HIPS.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to read through my introduction message. Through the class blog, I hope to work closely with each parent in the development of your child's learning journey in school. :)

I will subsequently be relaying my expectations and classroom rules in future posts for clarity of my teaching in class.

Yours Sincerely,
Mr. Nelson Ong

No comments:

Post a Comment