Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Importance of Homework

Dear Parents,

One of the class rules is #4 : Pass up all work on time!

Students have also created their own rules and one of the rules is to hand up work on time.

As of late, I have come to realise that passing up homework on time has been an alarming issue at hand. It is week 7 and I have repeated pupils not passing up their work on time.

Now that the school diary is for sale, do get your child to purchase one and to record down the important reminders and homework for the day.

As such, I can communicate with you through the diary to give feedback, drop notes and answer queries. It is another good platform.

Do take the time to look through your children's diary or check with them on their homework for the day. Homework is not to add stress to the child. It is to help them apply what they have learned into practice. Also, it allows me to assess their learning and help them improve.

Rule #5, do your best in everything you do!

I want each child to succeed and homework is the basic aspect of a student that he needs to be able to master.

As such, I am looking at spending time (after school) with repeated students who do not pass up their homework on time. I am looking to implement this action from today onwards. And if I call you up during school hours to request for your child to stay back with me to finish up his homework under my supervision, please do not be alarmed. I hope to seek all of your kind understanding. :)

Thank you each and every parent,
Sincerely,
Mr Nelson Ong

No comments:

Post a Comment