Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Post Examination Week 9

Dear all,

You would have English Paper 1 and Booklet B returned to you for parents' signature. Also, you have all the Science papers returned to you for signature. Please get them signed. Booklet A is still with me for analysis and I will return to you tomorrow. :)

Generally, I have not much worries for both the subjects. My lowest for both subjects are around 42 - 43 so there is much hope to definitely pull up the marks. It can be done so long as you all don't lose faith and keep trying. Remember to persevere and tell yourself that for the next 3 months, it is hard work that counts. In your 12 years of life, I am only asking for 3 more months! Do your BEST!

Given the difficulty of the papers, I am satisfied with the results although English could have been much better. We did lower the number of failures from CA1 (14) to SA1 (10) which is a baby step in getting my 100% passes. We will continue onward and not backward for prelims and PSLE.

The message I want to convey here is that as long as you do not lose your faith and turn your results around through hard work, it can be achieved. I have seen improvements in many of you and I cannot ask for more as long as you try your best. Remember my encouragement to you - You may fail 99 times but that does not mean that the 100th time, you will still fail. If it takes you many failures to achieve a pass, the failures are worth it if it helps you to learn and be the best you can be. :) I will be here with all of you every step of the way. Hang in there. We work hard first then we play hard later!

Two subjects you need to really pull up are Chinese and Mathematics. Aim higher and try to hit 40s and 50 and above by prelim. Strive hard!

Today, we started on the next English practice on grammar and vocabulary. Here are the key points learnt:


  • 'Each', 'Every', 'One of'', 'Either of', 'Neither of', 'No one' are all in the singular form so you should use the verb 'IS' or 'WAS' to fit these words. 
  • e.g EACH of the boys IS having a bath. EVERYONE takes the bus home. Either of the boys is to run the race.
  • 'IF I' and 'I WISH' is followed by the past perfect tense of the verb after those words.
  • e.g IF I HAD DONE THIS, IF I HAD COMPLETED MY WORK ON TIME, I WISH I HAD TAKEN BETTER CARE, I WISH I HAD GONE HOME. 
This coming Friday is a holiday. There is no school. Letters for June extra lessons will be given out tomorrow. :)

Thank you,
Sincerely,
Mr Nelson Ong

No comments:

Post a Comment